Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Smoked Cheddar Shells and Cheese with Kielbasa

Smoked Cheddar Shells and Cheese with Kielbasa(serves 4)

3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
2 c milk
1 1/4 c grated mild cheddar cheese
1/2 c grated smoked cheddar cheese
1/2 box shell pasta (I used Eden Organic Veggie Shells)
2 Kielbasa links
olive oil

1. Cook shells according to package directions, drain and rinse.
2. Cut kielbasa into "non-chokable" sized chunks.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Cook kielbasa chunks until heated through. (About 5 minutes)
4. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
5. When melted, add flour, stirring constantly for about 1 minute creating a roux.
6. Whisk in milk, cook for 3 minutes (stirring constantly).
7. Add the cheeses, and stir until smooth.
8. Combine the cheese sauce, shells and kielbasa. Serve!

This one is seriously yummy.

4 comments:

Mariella ;) said...

Hi ! i liked your Blog!

is all yummy>


Have a wonderful Day!


Mariella!

Shannon said...

I am trying this one tonight. I got whole wheat shells (hard to find) and 'light' kielbasa. I am anxious to taste the final product!

Celeste said...

Shannon--Let us know how it turns out for you. I remember this one being really delicious!

Best,
Celeste

Shannon said...

Celeste,

We just finished our dinner. It was perfect. A nice REAL substitute for a boxed skillet dinner. So easy to make too. Had just the right touch of smokiness. I need to look harder for a preservative/nitrate free kielbasa and I'll be putting this one in the rotation. I served it w/ brocolli and next time will try your veggie shells!

I've enjoyed this blog so much since finding it recently through Happily Average!

-Shannon