Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pita Pizza

I made Abby a little pita pizza for lunch today. Yeah, yeah. Not very exciting or original, I know! But, I had never actually done this before - I don't know why, it just hadn't occurred to me. So maybe it will inspire someone else!

Pita Pizza
Prep time: milliseconds
Bake time: 5 minutes

1/2 of a pita (I cut it horizontally, to make 2 round pitas - as opposed to cutting it into 2 pockets)
3-4 Tbsp of your favorite marinara sauce
A few handfuls of your tot's favorite shredded cheese (we used mozzarella and cheddar)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Top the pita with the marinara, and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. You could have your child help! Put it on a cookie sheet in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted. This took about 5 minutes for me. If you have a toaster oven, you could use that, too - we don't have one :-(

Unsurprisingly, this was a big hit. Abby gobbled it up and said "deeee-licious!" a few times. She left a few scraps, which my husband inhaled and also pronounced "delicious!", but he's easier to please than Abby is. I did not try any, as I am nursing a dairy-allergic baby, but it sure looked good!

No comments: