Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Peaches and Cream Popsicles

Peaches and Cream Popsicles

Ingredients:
Peach Kefir
Frozen peaches
(I didn't include amounts because it really depends on how many you are making. In this case I made two popsicles which was about 1c. kefir and 1/2 c. peaches)

Instructions:
1. Combine kefir and peaches in a blender. Blend until peaches are in small chunks.
2. Pour into popsicle mold and freeze for at least 3 hours. Serve!

I brought these to the park for Neko and Abby. They were a huge hit!

4 comments:

cathy said...

Perfect timing! My kids have been asking for some homemeade popsicles, and my brain has been wanting something just a little different. I wonder if the good buggies in the kefir survive the freezing? I'm thinking not, but these popsicles would be perfect if they did!

Celeste said...

Probiotics survive freeze drying so I imagine they would survive freezing as well. I tried to google it with no luck but I did find articles about ice cream shops starting to offer frozen kefir as an alternative to ice cream...so maybe...here's hoping! ;o)

Tara Broman said...

Hi,

This is Tara from Raising Itty-Bitty Bookworms and www.ittybittybookworm.com Just wanted to let you know that I love your blog, especially the name (Ha!). I know my readers/customers would, as well. Are you interested in swapping buttons?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Kirsten said...

I love your popsicle holders - the drip tray with straw is such a good idea!

I make a lot of fruit & veggie popsicles for my gal:
http://paintingpinkpajamas.blogspot.com/2009/06/fruit-popsicles-and-sneaky-vegetables.html