Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pumpkin Penne with Rosemary


My husband and I are having beef stew tonight - I knew Lizzy would like to eat bits of the carrots and potato, but I also knew that Abby was unlikely to try the big hunks of beef. So I made the girls some yummy vitamin-A packed pasta, instead - Pumpkin Penne with Rosemary courtesy of The Toby Show.

(Jonah Lisa's picture is waaaay better. But here is a Lizzy bowl and an Abby bowl, waiting to be devoured.)

This was a hit, as most pasta dishes are around here. I used dried rosemary, because I'm a punk who didn't read the recipe carefully before going to the grocery store. So, I only used about a teaspoon, and I kept it in the sauce, rather than serving it as a garnish. I skipped the red pepper flakes since I was primarily serving it to the girls, but I added some to my tasting portion. This household gives the pumpkin penne a variety of baby- and toddler-sized thumbs up!

The Toby Show is part-mommy blog, part crafty-blog, part foodie-blog, and an overall good read. Right now, Jonah Lisa has posted a tortilla soup recipe that looks pretty darned delish, too! Go check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks good. I bet my Blue Girl would love it. I went and looked at the recipe and I'll put this on her menu for next week!

Celeste said...

Uh oh...on the menu tomorrow...Irish corned beef stew...

LaDue & Crew said...

I Love the idea of pumpkin in it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kara. You're a peach.