Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pasta Frutta

I was inspired by pasta primavera when I came up with this dish - hence my attempt to Italianize the name! Abby had this as her dinner; since there was some leftover, I added the Buckwheat Meatballs to my portion - it was actually a pretty good combination.

Pasta Frutta
Total time: 15-20 minutes

3 oz dry whole wheat pasta
2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
2 Tbsp orange juice
2 tsp cider vinegar
1/2 tsp honey
salt & pepper
1/2 ripe peach
1/2 ripe plum
1/2 ripe pear

Prepare the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the oil, orange juice, vinegar, honey, and a dash of salt and pepper. Dice the fruit into bite-sized cubes. When the pasta is ready, drain it, and then toss it together with the fruit and vinaigrette. Serve!

Abby realllllly liked this, and so did I! This made two generous portions and would easily double. I diced up the other half of the peach, plum, and pear and tossed them with some lemon juice and sugarso that I can make up Whole Grain Fruit Crisp tomorrow for a snack.

No comments: