Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oatmeal #2

Continuing on with my oatmeal concoctions this morning I came up with:
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal
(serves 1 very hungry toddler)

2 packets of plain oatmeal

enough hot water to make the consistency your child likes

2 tbsp orange juice

2 tbsp dried cranberries (I used the Ocean Spray orange flavored cranberries)

1 tbsp brown sugar

dash cinnamon

orange zest

Mix oatmeal and hot water to desired consistency. Stir in orange juice, cranberries and brown sugar. Sprinkle cinnamon and zest on top. Serve.

I thought this had the potential to be really gross or really good. I tried it before serving it to Neko and it was delicious! I took a couple more bites before giving it to her...mmmm. As I type she is more than halfway through it so I would call it a success all around!

No comments: